For use in extreme environments: Iron Ore, Hard Rock, Gold Mining, Bauxite and all other extreme, moist and dusty environments.
Megaroller Aluminium Rollers are heavy duty Aluminium and HDPE combination conveyor rollers. AlumiRolls provide the desired attributes of alloy rollers, without the negative characteristics of an alloy bearing housing. Our Aluminium Rollers are specifically engineered to perform in demanding corrosive conditions, where chemical attack and oxidation are problematic.
Some advantages are:
Ultimate Bearing Protection:
- Advanced Sealing Arrangement (Patent number 99/5238): The market’s most efficient sealing system. The arrangement is completely water tight and bearings are completely protected from moisture and grit.
- High-impact Bearing and Seal Housing (Patent number 2001/6883): Due to its innovative design, the bearing and sealing housing is able to absorb the impact imposed by uneven loads and belt speed.
- Unique patented fusion process: The roller body is heat fused to the bearing housings, which results in a totally sealed and aligned roller drum.
- High quality lubricant. Megarollers are lubricated for life.
- Only the best quality bearing brands (SKF or FAG) are used in our products.
Stringent Concentricity Specification:
- Megaroller only procures the best quality Aluminium conveyor tube that confirms to a concentricity tolerance of TIR maximum 0.3mm.
- Up to 60% lighter than conventional rollers.
- Aluminium body shell has a very low friction coefficient.
- Lower start-up cost on conveyor drives due to decreased weight.
- Megaroller seal offers a low friction coefficient.
- High quality lubrication.
- Seal design ensures Megarollers are lubricated for life.
- SKF’s Energy Efficient explorer bearings ensures a low Power Demand for Conveyors.
Highly Durable Roller Body:
- The main body is made entirely from Aluminium.
- Lower weight.
- High stiffness to ensure that the roller does not bend excessively under load.
- Sufficient toughness to resist impacts.
- Withstands attack by ultraviolet rays and retain its strength and other mechanical properties for many years.
- Low wear rates: Offers superior abrasion resistance in comparison to steel and other composite materials.
- Offers excellent chemical and corrosion resistance. Megarollers are designed specifically to cope with corrosive environments.
- Low friction coefficient to reduce abrasion and build-up of abrasive material.
100% Belt Friendly
- Megaroller Aluminium roller bearing housings are made from precision injection moulded HDPE. In the event of Bearing failure, HDPE can’t damage the belt.
Megaroller’s standard roller incorporates all the advantages of the Megaroller design.
Our anti-runback conveyor roller can be applied to incline belts to prevent the belt from running back in the event of “belt snap”. The rollers are fitted with a roller brake system which ensure that the rollers only run in one direction.
Megaroller Aluminium Roller Specifications
|Outer Diametre/Available sizes|
|Shaft Sizes/Available Options|
|Gauge Length Range|
|200 to 2400|
|Shaft material/Available Options Mild Steel|
|Standard Shaft Variations|
|Custom Shaft Machining/Available on request|
|Series 2000 End|
|Hexagon Head End|
|SKF (Preferred brand)|
|Other brands available upon request|
|Special Variations/Available on Request|
|Links fitted for garland rollers|
|Short roller body|
|Longer roller body|